Monday, October 01, 2007

Orange Pumpkin, Black Spider or Else???



As summer gave its way to autumn, Halloween is upon us again. It’s one of my favorite holidays in the US. Since I was not lucky enough to participate as a child, now I have the luxury of dressing Ryan, which to me is equally fun. However, the older he gets, the harder the costume shopping becomes. He has been a blue octopus and a yellow duckling for the previous Halloweens. What is he going to be this year then?

While browsing through the catalog for ideas, I asked Ryan for his opinion. After a glance of a page of costumes, he quickly picked an orange pumpkin outfit. Of course, I should have known better---a food-related costume. If you know Ryan well, you know that he has a thing for food. Although a pumpkin outfit is cute, it’s not exactly what I had in mind. I was hoping that he would pick the cool black spider. I have a feeling that this is the beginning of our future endless conflicts on clothing choices.....

We have a few more weeks to dwell on the decision. Orange pumpkin, black spider or else?

No comments: