Friday, October 05, 2007

Paper Paper on the Wall


It seems that lately from design magazines, newspaper to blogsphere, you cannot help but notice wallpaper has been making a huge comeback. When I think of wallpapers, I get the mental picture of the 1960-70s raised, embellished and dated patterns. I think that image has to do with the yellow-greenish wallpaper we once had at my parents' house. But what you will find today is a much wider range of designs from classic, modern to Avant Garde.

However, knowing myself, I’ll never commit a wall to any hard-to-reverse design ideas. Perphaps, just perhaps I can frame
Lizzie Allen’s whimsical “changing guards at buckingham palace” or Hanna Werning’s “kastanjetrast” and hang them on our desperately empty walls. Warren is already complaining that my project list is getting longer and longer because he realized long ago that he is actually the person to execute them. Well, didn’t he notice the word–perhaps?




Images from Hanna Werning & Lizzie Allen


No comments: