Thursday, January 10, 2008

Starting Preschool!!!


Things have been quite hectic at home since December, from Ryan’s suffering from an ear infection, to the nanny quitting, and then the holiday planning. I must say that nanny quitting is probably the biggest challenge for us to cope with. This is our 5th nanny since Ryan was born. So the average term for each nanny is around six months. I don’t think we are a high maintenance family. It really is just a matter of luck. For one reason or another, each one of the nannies had different personal issues that prompted her to leave.

This time around, we’ve decided to send Ryan to a preschool instead of going through another pain staking search process for the right nanny. I think at the age of two and half, Ryan is going to benefit tremendously from the socialization; additionally, we felt that the nanny is no longer able to provide as many stimulating activities for him throughout the day as when he was young. So although I anticipate some tears, in fact probably tons of tears (both his and mine), during the initial adjustment period, I think Ryan will enjoy and benefit more from attending preschool than from the nanny’s care. However, the notion of leaving him to tend to himself is still hard for us to digest at the moment.

I think Warren and I will probably have to flip coins to decide who gets to take on the challenging job of dropping him off at the preschool during the initial weeks……


3 comments:

Peter @ Enviroman said...

Hi 22butterfly,

Thanks for leaving a comment in my post Get New Blogger to host your profile photo, etc.. I have responded to your comments.

Peter Blog*Star
Blogger for Dummies

Anonymous said...

well.. I think when you have kids..it's difficult to let go.and leave him go on with his own social life.. once in preschool..once in college..and once in marriage.. I got treasure Megan's 0-2 years old period.. never come back again

22 Butterfly said...

Hi Mike,
Indeed, it's really hard to let go. Soon Ryan will have his favorite teachers and friends, all these people besides his Babi and Mommy. Time flies. Treasure the precious years.