Thursday, January 17, 2008

Searching for my Hearts!!!


I came across Pia Jane Bijkerk’s heart project (via designsponge) this morning. She is inviting everyone to submit images with heart shape of any sort. She will be compiling an art book of all the selected images at the end. This is a fantastic idea – a collaboration of all the talents out there. As much as I’m dying to see what other creative souls will come up with, I know I will be busy searching for my hearts from now on....

For those interested, here are the criteria for the image submission:
· It needs to include a heart shape of sorts
· It needs to be handmade or ‘found’ by you
· It needs to mean something to you, or displayed in a space that means something to you, that has your heart in some way.
· It needs to be photographed in a space - so if it is an object that you have made, it needs to be photographed in an interesting space - not necessarily a plush-deluxe room, but just a space (it can be inside or outside, but preferably inside)
· It needs to be subtle, not loud and overbearing - but inviting and gentle. Remember the ‘where’s wally?’ books? Well think of that as guidance. Imagine looking at an image and trying to find where the heart is in it.
· The image needs to be a certain size and quality to be able to be published - I will write up the dimensions needed in coming posts.

Happy hunting!!!





Images from pia jane biljkerk

1 comment:

Venus ~ Vi said...

I think I should join you and look for my heart too ^0^

Vi