Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Awakening



I lately found myself in rage and frustration more and more often when disciplining Ryan. Often time, at the moment of heat, I turn to yelling and coercing for the convenient and band-aid solution. As I noticed he becomes more resentful and angry toward me, I knew my parenting style needs to take a turn.

But what really daunted on me was one day I told Ryan I was going to a “how to become a good mommy” workshop at his school. I asked him if he could guess what the counselor was going to teach us. He immediately replied “no yelling and no angry face”. As I was desperate in search of effective parenting/discipline techniques, I knew I found mine right at that moment – Self Discipline.



Ryan has been keeping all his treasures in this shoe box. The findings can range from pine cones, corks, leaves, dandelion to gems from school. This is the first thing he digs in every evening returning from school.


No comments: